Tuesday 6 August 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - Kristen Stone

Back in November I first interviewed Kristen Stone (you can read the original interview here), as well as helping me as an editor for my books, she is also an author of her own books. I recently caught up with her, read the revisited interview below to see what she's been up to:



Click on the covers to view/purchase

What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
I have been very busy writing, editing and encouraging a new author for Blue Hour Publishing. We are about to launch a new division called Books For Children. Yes, I know most people would say Children's Books but I quite like Blue Hour Publishing - Books For Children.

Have you learnt any new wisdom?
I have come to realise that this is a very competitive business with lots of people trying to sell their masterpieces. I have also seen that not necessarily good books often do better than the better ones. I'm not sure what this says about the reading public of the world.

I've also learnt to take all the advice being offered by other Indie authors with a pinch of salt. No one really knows the secret to success.

I've also learnt that giving your books away for free doesn't necessarily bring success. There are too many people out there trying to get their books noticed.

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I'm not sure about that. I've picked up a few tips here and there, but more than anything else I have gained confidence in my writing skills. Hey, twelve months ago I would never have said anything like that. I have learnt to shout out about myself instead of being a wallflower. Obviously not enough because no one seems to have noticed me! But I'm no longer shy of saying my bit in forums and things and feel quite pleased with myself when I find people agree with me, or they come back and say what I think is valid.

What are you working on at the moment?
At Blue Hour Publishing we have decided to move away from Kindle exclusivity and have launched Shattered Dreams on Nook. Kobo and Apple. So that has taken up some of my time. Other Blue Hour Publishing books will be coming out through these outlets in the coming months.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find it?
I have just finished writing a novel called Silent Love. I can't give you any links yet as it hasn't got as far as being published. I'm just trying to come up with a 'cover' . It's not an easy title to picture. It's a human interest story about a girl who falls in love with a lad who is deaf. Although it's isn't about the same people it is in the same sort of genre as Shattered Dreams, which is probably my most popular book at the moment.

Many thanks for inviting me back to your blog. If your readers would like to find out more about any of my books they can find them at this website


Click on the covers to view/purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment