Monday 23 September 2013

Guest Author Interview - Jeff Kern

Welcome to the start of a new week and a new guest author interview. Normally I only interview fiction authors, but today we have a rare exception and soemthing for all golfing enthusiasts. We meet Jeff Kern, author of “Golf Made Easy! A Backward approach to Learning Golf..... Or Is It?”. 

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
Hello, my name is Jeff Kern. I am an author and a professional golf instructor as well as a certified club fitter.

Why golf?
I have been playing golf all of my life. It’s something I know a lot about.

What inspired you to write a book about golf?
For most of my golfing years I was very confused. Yes, I played the game but I never really knew if I was doing things right or not. Everyone that I talked to always had a different opinion as to what was right and wrong and what was good and bad. Now that I have a much greater command of the game, I wanted to stop the confusion and make the learning process as simple and enjoyable as possible.

If you could spend a day with anyone from history, who would it be and why?
General Douglas MacArthur because I would want to pick his brain about military operations during his time.

Where is your happy place?
Either on a lush green golf course playing a round or on a quiet sandy beach over looking the cool blue water sipping on a cold drink.

What was the last book you read?
The Golfing Good Life: Golf Instruction for Golfers over 50.

Who is your favourite author?
Stephen Leather. His book “Private Dancer” was unbelievably real and true to life in Thailand.

What are you working on at the moment?
I am working on another golf book I will call “Breaking Par! Tips on improving your game”. I hope to have it out by late next year.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
My current book is called “Golf Made Easy! A Backward approach to Learning Golf..... Or Is It?”. It provides you with everything you need to know to get started in the game. It is presented in a backwards fashion meaning that putting is taught first and driving last. Once you have the basics down it gives instruction on special shots, club fitting, and some rules of the game. It’s fun, it’s easy and every one can learn something! You can find our more at my author website http://sbpra.com/JeffreyWKern or my amazon author website http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00CU56SOK. Happy reading!

A Backward Approach to Learning Golf is available from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment