Friday 25 October 2013

Guest Author Interview - Filipa Silva

In today's guest author interview I welcome Filipa Silva, you can find out what she has to say below:
 


Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I'm a 34 years old Portuguese author and advertising creative, who dreams of becoming a full time writer one day. I'm also a eco warrior and a spoiling mother.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I started writing when I was 7 because I loved stories and wanted to create my own. I also loved writing school plays back then.

If you could recommend only one book to someone, what would it be and why?
Blindness by Portuguese Nobel Prize José Saramago. It's a beautiful and raw reflection about the real human nature.

What is the best piece of writing advice you have received?
Keep writing.

Where do you like to write?
Anywhere really! As long as I'm alone and have a power source around to plug my Mac. The alone parte is not easy with a toddler around the house, but I do what I can.

Are you a planner? Or do you prefer to dive straight into writing?
I plan a little, specially the main structure of the story and the characters. But most of the times my characters come to life and decide their own fate, despite all my plans...

Where do your best ideas come from?
From real life and from art (a song, a painting, a quote) - which ends up being an interpretation of real life too.

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm working on a few children books I've written some years ago.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
My latest book is called The Strange Year of Vanessa M. and it's about a woman who has a kind of depression and realizes she's been living her whole live according to other people's expectations. So she decides to turn her life around and, during one year, she struggles to find happiness. You can find out more at Amazon or any other virtual bookshop (B&N, Apple, KOBO, Smashwords) and it's available in both paperback and e-book.

Books by Filipa Silva in Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment