Tuesday 22 October 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - Elizabeth Los


I first interviewed Elizabeth Los back in March (you can read her original interview here), I recently caught up with her to see what she's been up to since then, you can find out below:




What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
You wouldn't think much has changed, but my knowledge about this industry as increased exponentially. I had no clue what I was getting into and how much marketing was involving in the selling of an ebook. I was one of those writers that hoped once the book was published, I'd be able to leave it for readers to discover and focus on my writing. That certainly hasn't been the case! Oh, and I have a new URL for my blog: www.elizabethlos.com

Have you learnt any new wisdom?
I've learned a lot, but I think the most important thing I've come to discover is support. Support your fellow indie authors and, like Karma or the Golden Rule, it will come back to you. In some cases ten fold. We need to stick together. From doing so, I've learned so much about this industry that will help aid in my personal journey to publish my own novels.

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I've been told I have. I would say, absolutely! Not only am I polishing my novel, Second on the Right, but I'm also working to finish my fan fiction story and a few short stories. All of these help me stretch and work out my writer's muscle. Practice does make perfect, or nearly so. My sentence structure has greatly improved, I'm catching my frequently used words more, etc.

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm currently finishing up the polishing and editing of Second on the Right. I had published it in 2012, but discovered there were multiple errors. So I unpublished it, removed it from the market and started from the beginning. The story has changed so much since then that this new edition will be a far cry better from the first.

After that, I plan to move on to either my mystery novel or my thriller/suspense novel. I'm excited for both, so I may have to roll the dice to see which one I will start on.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
Second on the Right, set to release in 2014, is a twist on the classic Peter Pan story. I was prompted to write ‘Second on the Right’ because the first time I read Peter Pan and watched the Disney movie I felt Captain Hook needed more to his back story than was revealed. Fans around me cheered for Peter Pan. I thought it odd, considering this young boy had, prior to the start of the story, cut off Hook’s hand and fed it to the crocodile. That was no action of an innocent boy. My mind began to weave a story for Hook, one where he originally was the good guy, a family man. Following the events of his first encounter with Pan, perhaps he had changed not only physically but mentally as well. And that is where we see the captain when J.M. Barrie’s story begins.

Elizabeth has a new story featured in the latest Sanitarium magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment